800+ data centres optimised since 2006
Every business uses a data centre, either through direct ownership, outsourced services or via cloud applications.
Our customers might have different objectives, but they share the same results – increased profitability, improved CSR, stronger financial management and better operational performance. Below is a small selection of customers benefiting from CBRE | Romonet's services.
Fujitsu UK & Ireland
Saving time, money and energy
Objective: Deliver smarter decision-making, improve performance management and meet sustainability objectives.
- Accurate forecasting and large energy efficiency savings
- Regular executive level reports
- A more productive engineering team
- Rapid ROI – deployed in 10 days, ROI in under two months
- Costs covered with a 1-2% reduction in energy usage at one site
"Once we saw the reports which were produced for two large capital projects we could instantly see the savings." Simon Levey CDCAP, Head of Data Centre Development, Fujitsu UK & Ireland.
Maximising energy efficiency and validating decisions
Objective: Deliver one of the most energy efficient and sustainable data centres in the region.
- Independently verify Power Usage Effectiveness
- Reliable and accurate analysis of PUE
- Model the facility over the life of the development
- Better understand the next steps of occupation
"Global Switch’s customers can be confident that the declared PUE values are both accurate and validated by an independent party" Matthew Winter, Group Director, Projects, Global Switch
Accurately predicting and optimising cost,
energy and capacity
Objective: Provide Intel customers with a snapshot of data centre operational efficiency for strategic planning and financial management.
- Risk mitigation and added value for Intel customers
- Transparent operational performance
- A more efficient capital planning process
- Greater control over total cost of ownership
- Decisions based on verified data, not assumptions
"A game changer for the data centre industry." Charles W. Rego, Chief Data Centre Architect, Data Centre Group, Intel.
Lawrence Livermore National University
Advanced super computers without sacrificing CSR
Objective: Used to understand ROI of investments and efficiency of future IT purchases.
- Quantitative reports validated decisions for budget holders
- Improved stakeholder management
- Every engineering and operational decision tied to a financial and customer impact
- Simpler processes – no more spreadsheets or manual workflows
- Precise data management
"We can understand project ROI before spending any money or scarce resources. This gives us quantitative information to justify our decisions to the budget holders." Anna Maria Bailey, PE, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.
Securing funding from investors
Objective: Validate Iceotope own technical claims to secure a new round of funding.
- Secured private investment of $10 million
- 32% energy savings verified by CBRE | Romonet
- Proof-points for future customer acquisition activities
"CBRE | Romonet has been a key element of our funding: it’s safe to say that its expertise has opened doors for us." Peter Hopton, Founder and CEO, Iceotope.
Virtus Data Centres
Guaranteeing availability 24/7
Objective: Independently assess the long-term financial impact of two competitive cooling technologies.
- Improved strategic planning for a new facility
- Accurate predictive analytics forecasting 10 years into the future
- Data for investor relations and new customer acquisition
- Advanced operational models matching London’s climate conditions
- Maximising the financial returns from the facility over entire lifecycle
"While we were confident that the design delivered the lowest TCO for our customers, CBRE | Romonet was able to confirm this." Neil Cresswell, Virtus Data Centres, CEO.
CBRE | Romonet Presents Industry’s First Design Power Usage Effectiveness Validation Certification to Global Switch Data Centre
CBRE Group, Inc. To Acquire Romonet
Networks Europe: Why accurate data is critical for data centre’s performance
CBRE | Romonet is selected as a finalist at DCS Awards 2018
Data Center News: Accurate Analytics
How to curb data centers’ hunger for energy and resources
CBRE | Romonet customers save £3m+ and decrease CO2 emissions by over 11,550 tons
What will move and shake the data center industry in 2018
Fintech Finance: How CFOs can Evaluate Data Centre Performance
Director of Finance: Why CFOs need the right data centre
Winner of Infrastructure Innovation of the Year, UK IT Industry Awards
Datacenter Dynamics: Why clean data is as important as clean energy
bobsguide: How CFOs Can Assess the Efficiency of Data Centres
CBRE | Romonet delivers vital predictive analysis for Global Switch’s data center in Sydney
Datacenter Dynamics: The birth of the learning data center
Information Age: Is data accurate enough for high impact decisions?
Machine Learning enhances data center performance
Inside Big Data: Validated Data Supports Accurate Decision Making and Rapid ROI
CBRE | Romonet Launches Disruptive Free Tool to Help Companies Choose the Best Data Center Location
Why clean data is as important as clean energy
CBRE | Romonet Announces Management Changes as it Scales to Meet Global Demand
Data Informed: Picking Wisely: Choosing Your Data Center Site with Analytics
Mission Critical: How Much Water Do Data Centers Drink?
CBRE | Romonet Launches Validated by ROMONET
The VAR Guy: Data Validation: The Opportunity for the Channel
CBRE | Romonet Named an IDC Innovator
edie Sustainability Leaders Awards Finalist – Sustainability Product Innovation: Resources
We’re at Big Data & Analytics Innovation Summit 2016
Data Centre News: The Colocation Market is in a State of Transition
Data Center Journal: Informed Decision Making Is Everything When Selecting Your Data Center Site
The unquenchable thirst of the data center
Winner: The Reasons Behind our DCD Award
CBRE | Romonet Wins Award: Improving the CSR Impact of Data Centers with Predictive Analytics
And the Winner is…
CBRE | Romonet’s Analytics Platform: New Machine Learning Capabilities to be Launched
Are Your Data Center Efficiency Projects Actually Delivering Savings?
CBRE | Romonet Launches Water Analytics for the Data Center
CBRE | Romonet Wins ‘Critical Environment Future Thinking’ Award at DCD US & Canada Awards 2016
Triple Finalist: CBRE | Romonet Nominated for Three Influential Awards
CBRE | Romonet gearing up for increasing channel opportunity
CBRE | Romonet Enables Per Customer Margin Management and $1.5M Recurrent Savings for Major Colo Provider
Our SVP of Marketing is interviewed at DCD Europe
CBRE | Romonet Expands Executive Team with a Wealth of Commercial, Sales and IT Talent
CBRE | Romonet finalist in DCD EMEA Awards