Changing Data Centers for the Better
Every business uses a data center, either through direct ownership, outsourced services or via cloud applications.
Our customers might have different objectives, but they share the same results – increased profitability, improved CSR, stronger financial management and better operational performance. Below is a small selection of customers benefiting from Romonet Predictive Analytics.
Fujitsu UK & Ireland
Saving time, money and energy
Objective: Deliver smarter decision-making, improve performance management and meet sustainability objectives.
- Accurate forecasting and large energy efficiency savings
- Regular executive level reports
- A more productive engineering team
- Rapid ROI – deployed in 10 days, ROI in under two months
- Costs covered with a 1-2% reduction in energy usage at one site
"Once we saw the reports which were produced for two large capital projects we could instantly see the savings." Simon Levey CDCAP, Head of Data Centre Development, Fujitsu UK & Ireland.
Accurately predicting and optimizing cost,
energy and capacity
Objective: Provide Intel customers with a snapshot of data center operational efficiency for strategic planning and financial management.
- Risk mitigation and added value for Intel customers
- Transparent operational performance
- A more efficient capital planning process
- Greater control over total cost of ownership
- Decisions based "on facts, not assumptions"
"A game changer as the leading TCO/Predictive modeling solution for the data center industry." Charles W. Rego, Chief Data Center Architect, Data Center Group, Intel.
Validating designs and a better business case
Objective: Manage financial expenditure better and safeguard capital investment.
- Improved site selection using the power of analytics
- Accurate financial and operational reporting for data center planning
- Greater visibility for outsourced IT customers
- Advanced engineering testing utilising predictive analytics
"…More accurately tailor our facilities to our customers' unique needs. It has strengthened our testing regime […] even greater peace of mind that they are receiving the best level of reliability." Chris Crosby, CEO, Compass Datacenters.
Lawrence Livermore National University
Advanced super computers without sacrificing CSR
Objective: Used to understand ROI of investments and efficiency of future IT purchases.
- Quantitative reports validated decisions for budget holders
- Improved stakeholder management
- Every engineering and operational decision tied to a financial and customer impact
- Simpler processes – no more spreadsheets or manual workflows
- Precise data management
"We can understand project ROI before spending any money or scarce resources. This gives us quantitative information to justify our decisions to the budget holders." Anna Maria Bailey, PE, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.
Partnering to improve strategic management
Objective: Provide a leading European bank with accurate ROI measurement of projects and enhance corporate sustainability through reduced energy usage.
- Consultancy services based on validated data
- Precise ROI data for project managers reporting to senior decision-makers
- Improved CSR and sustainability through reduced energy usage
- Enhanced building management and commissioning
"Increased our productivity and helps us better serve our customers." Nick Vaney, Director, RED Engineering Design
Virtus Data Centres
Guaranteeing availability 24/7
Objective: Independently assess the long-term financial impact of two competitive cooling technologies.
- Improved strategic planning for a new facility
- Accurate predictive analytics forecasting 10 years into the future
- Data for investor relations and new customer acquisition
- Advanced operational models matching London’s climate conditions
- Maximizing the financial returns from the facility over entire lifecycle
"While we were confident that the design delivered the lowest TCO for our customers, Romonet was able to confirm this." Neil Cresswell, Virtus Data Centres, CEO.
Enhancing project management with Romonet
Objective: Safeguard capital investment during construction of a large-scale data center for a Fortune 500 client.
- Immediate improvements to business efficiency and risk management
- Elevated competitive position in consulting services
- Operational optimizations that delivered on predicted outcomes
- Costs mapped to each device, IT application, business unit and location
- Innovative value-added service for company’s business development
"We can rapidly refine our solutions for optimum performance and guarantee that performance for our clients." Jakob Carnemark, Senior Vice President, Mission Critical Center of Excellence, Skanska.
Stronger IT long-term provisioning
Objective: Reduce financial risk and enhance IT provisioning.
- New methodologies that separate the consultancy apart from competitors
- Stronger client relationships with project plans audited by Romonet
- Better IT provisioning through real-time dashboards
- Dynamic reports detailing expected financial cost of facilities over lifetime
- CSR benefits and greater natural resource management
"Romonet gives us the insights we need to help make the right design decisions." Vali Sorell, Vice President and Critical Facilities Chief HVAC Engineer, Syska Hennessy Group.
Ark Data Centres
Unrivalled service predictability as a service provider
Objective: Improve customer service management and long-term financial planning.
- Greater confidence of services throughout executive team
- A more efficient engineering department benefiting customers
- 5 – 15% energy savings
- Predictive analytics proving crucial for service delivery
"Predictable business performance, improved efficiency, and greater confidence in costs to both us and our clients." Huw Owen, CEO, Ark Data Centres.
Securing funding from investors
Objective: Validate Iceotope own technical claims to secure a new round of funding.
- Secured private investment of $10 million
- 32% energy savings verified by Romonet Predictive Analytics
- Proof-points for future customer acquisition activities
"Romonet has been a key element of our funding: it’s safe to say that its expertise has opened doors for us." Peter Hopton, Founder and CEO, Iceotope.